How are you doing with electronic overload? Have you implemented any new tips from the last blog post? Let us know about your progress!
How do you plan your time?
Whether you have ADHD or not, you might have trouble accurately estimating how much time it takes to complete your tasks. This causes problems with your planning because you try to accomplish too much in one day and get frustrated if you cannot finish everything. Sound familiar? Don’t give up on the planning concept!
Here is something you can do to help yourself.
- Commit to planning for at least a week.
- When planning, add a column for “Planned Time” and “Actual Time”.
- Each day, write down how much time you think each activity will take under “Planned Time”.
- After you work on each task, write down how much time you actually spent under “Actual Time”.
- At the end of the week, review your data and adjust your planning the following week.
Even if you only do this for one week, it will give you a more realistic perspective on what you can accomplish in any given day. Being more realistic will help you commit to plan and, in the end, accomplish more!
Let me know how it goes! Best of luck to you.