It may seem like school is a long way off still, but these last few weeks of summer will be gone before we know it. Get better prepared with some of my tips and others that are linked below. When you decide what you will do, decide when to do it and honor your commitment to yourself.
The following ideas and suggestions are at the top of my list:
- Talk to your child and ask how they would like to get ready for the school year.
- Talk with your child’s doctor, therapist, coach, tutor and/or any other support person in their lives. Ask what they recommend to help your child start the school year successfully.
- Ensure that your child has a planner that will work for them. Their school may provide one that works, you can customize a teacher’s lesson plan book, check out the blog of “adhdmomma” for a customized planner, or check out your local office products store.
- Look into a family calendar to help keep everyone’s schedules straight once the school year gets in swing. The website Families With Purpose has some great family calendars and mom’s planners.
- Check out tips from websites like Attitude magazine‘s site and About.com.
Which of these ideas sounds good to you? What are you doing to get yourself or your children ready to go back to school? Share your ideas in our comments.