I recently received a question from a client that got me thinking…
Goals are important when you have ADHD. Goals are also often difficult to remember when you have ADHD. Keeping your goal present and in your mind is important when you find yourself not working towards your goal.
How can you remember your goals?
Here are a few of my favorite ways to remember goals….
- Write out your goal 4 times every day.
- Make a PowerPoint slide with your goal and post it somewhere that you will see it every day. (You might want to move this around every few days so it doesn’t get lost in the background.)
- Make a daily routine to repeat your goal to yourself 3 times every morning. Do this while sitting quietly and taking some deep breaths to really help you focus.
- Write about it each day in your journal.
- Record one action item each day in your calendar.
- Find a picture that represents success in your goal and post it somewhere that you will see it every day.
- Using that picture as your home screen on your phone can be helpful.
There must be hundreds of ways to remember goals. Please share with us below…. how do you remember your goals?